Friday, February 22, 2013

Carnival Cruise Lines

As I write this article today, the passengers of the stranded Triumph are heading home safe and sound. As I sat enjoying the Miami Heat game, I felt only sorrow at the state of the stranded passengers. After the fire in the engine room, we, being the captain and I, soon found out that we were not prepared for an event like this. I will be the first to admit that we handled the situation very poorly, and I apologize to all of those affected by this tragedy. Now that I have said that, I must also explain to the press that there were certain safety precautions set into place in case of some emergency. It was also the responsibility of the passengers to abide by these rules, and when they didn't things turned chaotic. Before you take a trip on one of our ships, you sign a contract acknowledging that you understand the rules and regulations of the ship. Spelling out messages on the high deck, pooping on the walls, and going crazy isn't abiding by those rules. Now I assure you that you don't have to worry about your safety on our ships anymore. We have begun to do routine checks on all of our ships and put in more safety precautions. I once again sincerely apologize for the preceding events.

No comments:

Post a Comment